Thursday, October 6, 2011

Clutch Engagement Range?

I used to own a Honda F4... the bike rode like a dream minus all the electrical issues I had with it, so I sold it and purchased a Yamaha R6.



When I first got the R6, I would stall at every other light... the range at which the clutch catches seems to be much more narrow and less forgiving versus the Honda, and I needed time to adjust. I do understand how to change clutch freeplay, it is not an issue of where the exact catch point is (I've set the freeplay in accordance with the owners manual and I've ridden it enough that I comes naturally now)-- what I want to know is whether there is a way to increase the range at which the clutch catches. I've been riding around like this for a while now, and I've adjusted to it for the most part... I havnt had issues for months now until I stalled at a light today (carelessness on my part), which is what had finally driven me to ask whether there is anything I can do about it.



Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated. Ride Safe
Clutch Engagement Range?
IT DOESNT SOUND SO MUCH CLUTCH ERROR AS IT DOES RIDER ERROR,YOU COULD BUMP UP YOUR RPM A LIL TO HELP.

No comments:

Post a Comment