Tuesday, October 25, 2011

When to change cam belt on Honda Accord (W Reg 2000) model?

It鈥檚 done 60k miles and I'm confused bcz my local garage told that it will go upto 70k. The owner鈥檚 manual says it should be changed at 60k. Which one is correct? How much it will cost? The gear is so hard in my car, is this related to belt? When do we change clutch disk? Please help me and advice about the cost in Manchester for these jobs.
When to change cam belt on Honda Accord (W Reg 2000) model?
My favourite car I have ever owned. Every 50k-60k miles it should be done, will cost around 拢100 depending on the garage. Look after the car. They are great cars to own
When to change cam belt on Honda Accord (W Reg 2000) model?
The shop is correct, sort of. The belt needs to be changed BEFORE 70k miles. Honda recommends 60k to make sure it doesnt break and mess everything up. The belts will last beyond 70k, but you run a huge risk of it snapping. As far as cost to change it, it varies widely from one shop to the next. Ask the guys that told you when to change it.
http://honda.justanswer.com/?r=gacar%26amp;JCR鈥?/a>
I would believe the owners manual and do it at 60k at the latest but personally I would have done it at 50-55k just to be on the safe side.

It is better to be safe than sorry.

The cost for a cambelt kit fitted to my ford mondeo was 拢140.

No comments:

Post a Comment