Thursday, October 6, 2011

How do I change out a clutch fork assembly on an (Isuzu) 4 speed transmission for my 86 Fiero SE ?

I have the trans out on the floor. I have a new fork assembly,both bushings. Just can't figure out how to get the old one out , and the new one in(it's one solid part with fork welded on).It's for an Isuzu(76mm) trany for my 1986 Fiero SE.
How do I change out a clutch fork assembly on an (Isuzu) 4 speed transmission for my 86 Fiero SE ?
I looked at my car and I have a clutch spoon. I'll have to consult my Chilton Repair Manual.
How do I change out a clutch fork assembly on an (Isuzu) 4 speed transmission for my 86 Fiero SE ?
ther is a cross pin ,find it and the rest is easy.



excuse me , are You talking of the fork of the throwout bearing or the shifter fork.



if the shifter fork then You have to remove the upper plate in the tranny (four screws) that plate have the shifter knob in the center, then you gonna see the forks for the gears.



if is Your first time ,do not rust and look good in Your steps



i will stay in the line in case You ask more questions..



if You bring picture ,will be more easy....i am blind here You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment