Thursday, October 6, 2011

Why does my bike engine accelerate when I pull in clutch to change gear? Cables sorted.?

The revs build up when I'm riding and changing gear, but not when I test it on high tick over.
Why does my bike engine accelerate when I pull in clutch to change gear? Cables sorted.?
When you pull in the clutch you are taking the load off the engine, thus it revs up. This is the reason you back off the throttle when you pull in the clutch. I have no idea what a %26quot;High tick over%26quot; is.
Why does my bike engine accelerate when I pull in clutch to change gear? Cables sorted.?
When your clutch is out, your engine is attached to the road (via your wheels) slowing it down. It wants to rev faster, but is being held back.

When you pull your clutch in, it is no longer attached to the road, wheels or anything and so it is free to rev faster. Let go of your clutch again and is slows down again.

Try throttling back a little during changes to even out the revs. It will be much kinder on your bike over time and will lengthen the life of your clutch ;o)
If your throttle cable is stretched it may not be going back to idle and when your clutch is in, the sudden release of pressure when your clutch is disengaged it causes the rev up.~~
I assume you are a novice rider. When you pull the clutch in while you are riding along, the load is taken off the engine and so the speed of the engine will increase, this is normal. So when you pull the clutch in to change gear you have to ease the throttle down at the same time to prevent this. If you are stationery and pull the clutch in it will not make any effect as the engine is not under load through the gear train.
check your transmission clutches as per your workshop manual, seems a likely cause
Let off the gas and pull in clutch at the same time. You must be board shifting.
what does the low tick over test result show?

No comments:

Post a Comment