Thursday, October 6, 2011

When should I change the clutch cylinder for my 1992 acura integra car? more details provided.?

The mileage is 150,000 km. Within two weeks I start to hear a squeezing sound when I push down the clutch pedal. So far I didn't feel the slips of the clutch pedal. My friends told me that it is the time to change the clutch. Since the cost of the labor is more expensive than purchasing the parts I wonder if it is a good idea to replace the clutch master and slave cylinders the same time when I change the clutch. In this case, I don't need to worry abou the clutch part in the future. Any good ideas?
When should I change the clutch cylinder for my 1992 acura integra car? more details provided.?
If the clutch fails, it will be gradual and it will give you lots more signs. If it fails completely it will not damage anything else. I would just wait and be sure it neads to be changed.



For the master cylinder, just leave it alone... The master cylinder is allways easily accessible so you won't save any labor by doing it at the same time as the clutch. Slave cylinder, I dont know... If it's accessible without removing the tranny, then leave it alone until it fail. If the slave is INSIDE the tranny, then have the mechanic inspect it. A good mechanic will know the answer to that.
When should I change the clutch cylinder for my 1992 acura integra car? more details provided.?
Yes change the whole clutch. I have a 1990 Civic hatch, it has 219,000km and I changed my clutch a LONG time ago. Dont mess with the small stuff just change the whole thing.
If what you are hearing is squeezing and dont feel any kind of slipp or trouble changing gears try to lubricate every flexible part of the clutch system. First go simple ther is no need to change your clutch if you have no slipp or trouble with the gear if you are still planing to keep youre car few more years you should change the master and the slave. But if youre planing to change the car just change the clutch plate.
the sqeul is most likeliy the throw out bearing and you should have that changed but while your there you should get the clutch and presure plate changed scince your right the any was and with that many miles it wont be long b4 you have 2 any was and that way you could get anther 150000 miles out of the clutch and car
  • software
  • delegates
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment