Friday, June 3, 2011

Clutch???!!!?

ok,i asked this question few days ago,some people want more details-its a ford fiesta,L reg,1.1-my biting point is right at the top of the peddle and it doesnt take any pressure to push the peddle all the way down,do I need to change my cable or the whole thing? I was quoted 拢270 to change my clutch in cambridge,is this reasonable? many thanks x|||Sounds like you%26#039;ve got a bad master cylinder. Symptoms are the same as my sisters car, we replaced it and it cleared up.|||I%26#039;m not sure about the master cylinder. I had to change mine on a Ford Probe, but I was having to pump my clutch and constantly add brake fluid to it. Get some more opinions and good luck!|||If your clutch pedal is releasing at the top and the pedal has no resistance then more than likely you have a problem with the clutch slave or master cylinder, but if you have a problem getting it to go in gear, and it makes a grinding noise, then yes you need to replace the clutch assembly, and the pilot %26amp; throwout bearings.. just depends.. check to see if the fluid is low in the master cylinder, add some and pump the clutch and see if it gets firm.. about the cable linkage..it might be bad, but if the vehicle is high mileage probably one of the 2 suggested... take to a trusted auto shop and have them check it out..|||Just pay the mechanic, that is a good price and you dont have to do anything but pay the fellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment