Friday, June 3, 2011

I changed clutch cable, but pedal won't come back?

I have a 91 subaru legacy, and I had to replace the clutch cable. I got it on there, but the pedal won%26#039;t come back when I step on it. I don%26#039;t know what it could be, any help appreciated.|||the cable probably needs adjusted. they are not adjusted when you buy them.|||Did you reconnect the return spring?|||Get a Clymer or Haynes repair manual for your Subaru, it sounds like you%26#039;ve had a spring come loose.|||You need to adjust the cable if you didn%26#039;t that%26#039;s the problem. Check for how much travel the clutch pedal has inside the car. there should be only a very small amount (refer to your repair manual) If you did remove the return spring by the fork on the transmission make sure it%26#039;s back in place. There%26#039;s an adjusting nut on your cable to make the adjustment. Usually on the firewall where the cable enters the cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment