Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Aprilia RS 125. I was struggling setting off because I thought that the clutch plates needed changing?

I have performed a top end rebuild and replaced the clutch friction plates. It's a lot better but still struggling slightly to set off. I have to ride the clutch a little to get started.



I was thinking carburetter because petrol is constantly leaking form the float chamber out of the over flow. Could the mixture be wrong too.?
Aprilia RS 125. I was struggling setting off because I thought that the clutch plates needed changing?
First fix the leak.

Clean the float needle and seat - a spec of dirt is all that is needed to prevent the float needle from sealing closed the fuel supply.

The fuel level in the float bowl will then become to high and flood

the engine slightly - just enough to prevent quick acceleration.

Make sure the air cleaner is clean.
Aprilia RS 125. I was struggling setting off because I thought that the clutch plates needed changing?
Caburetter needs sorting out for a start and a tune up.
either its been tuned for high end performance and thus lost all its low down power or the gearing has been changed to improve top speed, as for the carb, mixture really only matters at idle, but get the flooding sorted before you blow yourself up, only kidding, but fix it,

No comments:

Post a Comment