Friday, September 23, 2011

Oil change for Ninja 250. Post oil change, clutch slippage, engine feels like there is no gas?

Please find below the timeline of events to bring me to my current dillemna



1. Changed my oil using synthetic oil

2. Ran fine for about 50 miles, than disaster. It felt like my clutch was slipping, therefore I changed the oil again with factory recommended oil. When I say that my clutch felt like it was slipping, it feels like when your bike is running out of gas

3. After the oil change with regular 10W-40, Ive been having less clutch slippage, however, there are still some issues

4. When in first gear and as I release the clutch and give some throttle, the engine dies or goes to 0 rpm, but if I press the clutch the rpm goes to its normal level

5. Another issue I also have is when I'm in a higher gear, it will feel like I am running out of gas and the bike jerks.



Please help me.
Oil change for Ninja 250. Post oil change, clutch slippage, engine feels like there is no gas?
You put too much oil in there. The level should be between the two lines. Check the level, and if there's too much, let some out until the level is correct.



Oh yeah, your plugs are fouled now, so clean them and make sure the gap is correct and the same for both plugs.
Oil change for Ninja 250. Post oil change, clutch slippage, engine feels like there is no gas?
I dont know about ninjas, but was this the engine oil, transmission oil, or is it all in one?If the oil had friction modifiers and it was in the tranny, it probably glazed the clutch plates. If im correct, there is no fix except to replace them.
  • good relationship advice
  • how to set up wireless network
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment