Friday, September 23, 2011

Can I change my clutch cable to a slave cylinder? If so is it a difficult task to do yourself?

I have a 1991 Nissan Sentra and I can't adjust the clutch as I could if I had a hydraulic clutch. Is it possible to make the switch from a cable to slave cylinder and master cylinder. Someone please help, my leg muscles are tired...lol....Thanks
Can I change my clutch cable to a slave cylinder? If so is it a difficult task to do yourself?
Normally cables are even easier to adjust than hydraulic linkages. There should be a pair of nuts, usually at the pedal, to adjust the cable.

Changing to hydraulic is possible but almost certainly not easy. You will need master and slave cylinders, and will have to figure out how to mount each one. To make the problem tougher, the cable you have now pulls the release fork end, cylinders push.
Can I change my clutch cable to a slave cylinder? If so is it a difficult task to do yourself?
The conversion would be out of the question for a diy job. Get someone you know and trust to adjust and oil and grease up all moving parts and perhaps change the cable.The clutch should take no more than a very tiny amount of effort to operate correctly.
It wqouldnm't help your leg muscles asnyway. what you want is an automatic transmission (and few woiuld blame you). That switch can be made but again, lots of work and $$.
CHECK UNDER DASH you shoud be able to adjust at the clutch foot pedle
it has a cable odd most nissan was always had hydraulic clutch ive had 67 up to 90 im sure you could rig something but most likely you have a problem with clutch might even be a release on spring but not sure
  • shampoo good for hair
  • ie
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment