Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Changing gear without stepping on clutch when the car is off?

Sorry to ask this but i'm just a tad bit worried. My friend and I was sitting in my car waiting for another friend and my friend decided to play with my manual stick shift. He shifted it in a couple of gears before I could tell him to stop. I was wondering with my car off and without having my foot on the clutch can this gear shifting damage the car? I know the basics behind how a clutch works but not sure how it works when the car is not turned on.
Changing gear without stepping on clutch when the car is off?
minscule damage. whoever drives will probably do more damage through thier gear changes while driving than you will fiddling with the shift lever while the engine is stopped.
Changing gear without stepping on clutch when the car is off?
No damage.
nothing to worry about thats how i learned to find the positions of my gears
it wont hurt anything unless you start the car that way then that can cause problems
It will not damage anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment