Thursday, September 15, 2011

Whats the easiest way to change a clutch on my 1985 Subaru GL hatchback?

im changing the clutch on my 85 and i was wondering if there was a diagram on the internet that could show me how because the book says i have to pull the engine to do it, is there an easier way or is a there a diagram you could show me, thanks
Whats the easiest way to change a clutch on my 1985 Subaru GL hatchback?
I just did the clutch on my subaru a couple weeks ago. You do NOT need to pull the engine. Unhook the trans from the linkages, wires, driveshaft, and bellhousing bolts. You do not need pull the front axles, as you just need to seperate the engine and trans far enough to get the clutch and flywheel out. (make sure you buy a new flywheel or get your old flywheel resurfaced). Replace the clutch and reinstall. Do not let the trans hang on the clutch when putting it back in, this will warp the clutch plate. I was able to hold the trans up with the front axles and trans crossmember mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment