Thursday, September 15, 2011

Changing fan clutch.?

Im in need of a new fan clutch because the current one i have is leaking which is causing the grease to get on my belts..I can do most repairs on my car, but could i do this myself or is it more of a professional job?





By the way its a 94 honda passport. 3.2L
Changing fan clutch.?
It's a fairly simple job, I'm a little confused by the grease however. A fan clutch is usually activated by heat tightening a coil spring, this engages the clutch...there's no grease involved. The clutch on the passport might be different I suppose, I'd make sure to check all other front engine components prior to assuming its the clutch however.



If you've got a decent set of tools, most importantly something to hold the fan steady while you break the retaining bolt...you should be able to do it in less than an hour by yourself. Save a ton on buying the part at a local parts store instead of Honda!



Hope this helps, good luck!
Changing fan clutch.?
Super easy. You'll be fine. Auto Zone has diagrams to show you how.

No comments:

Post a Comment