Friday, September 23, 2011

Is it bad to change the clutch fan to two eletrics from GM on a deisel?

I want to change the clutch fan on my 2005 Duramax diesel Silverado, to two S-blade eletric fans. Would that be a bad thing to do. The fans that I found are made by GM for my year in pickup. If you have any suggestions for me that would be great, Please e-mail me at devsoutter@yahoo.com. Thanks
Is it bad to change the clutch fan to two eletrics from GM on a deisel?
As long as they pull the same cfm, no sweat. The truck doesnt know the difference. In fact, you could try running one with the engine, and the other triggered by the a/c clutch. If no overheating problems with a/c off, it would save more fuel.

I wouldn't trust wiring through a temperature switch. I would wire the fan through a relay to carry the current, of course, but use the ign switch to trigger the relay. And the a/c clutch to trigger the other relay for the other fan, if you choose that option. Just be sure to fuse the large current carrying wires at the battery. If need more info on wiring, e-mail me.
Is it bad to change the clutch fan to two eletrics from GM on a deisel?
it would work fine as long as it is wired to temp sending unit...you might even gain a little fuel mileage ...it is a common swap..

No comments:

Post a Comment