Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do I need to drop the gearbox to change my Renault Laguna Clutch?

I've been told by a local garage that I need to allow for 6 hours labour to change the clutch on my Laguna Mk1 1.8 rt. At 拢34 an hour I'd rather do it myself but why does it need so long? Do I need to do something unnecesarily complex like drop the gearbox out to change the clutch or is it just an awkward job. (I've changed quite a few bike clutches in my time but never spent more than a couple of hours on it). So before I go and buy a workshop manual I want to know if it is something I'm not going to want to tackle anyhow.



Cheers,



Tim
Do I need to drop the gearbox to change my Renault Laguna Clutch?
Yes.



The clutch on vehicles are bolted up to the fly wheel. The fly wheel is bolted on the engine crank shaft. They will need to drop the transmission to replace it.



Farm tractors you have to slit the tractor in half.



Motorcycles are the easy to replace the clutches.



Good luck.
Do I need to drop the gearbox to change my Renault Laguna Clutch?
Sorry Tim, you may need to remove half of the parts from that Renault before you can get to the clutch. The Mechanic says 6 hours because he knows this job is a real ballbuster. Now if you had a Chevy Laguna, you might just have to slide the tranny back a few inches to drop the clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment